Monday, March 27, 2017

R.I.P. Ralph Hancox: A Great Loss

Ralph Hancox: 1929-2017
I am very sad to announce the passing of my dear friend and Fictive Press author Ralph Hancox. Beyond his remarkable lifetime achievements and brilliance, Ralph was an extraordinary individualcharming, funny, thoughtful and compassionate. Many have benefited from his kindness and interestand I was fortunate enough to be one of them. He took a chance on me when I was young and virtually unskilled and offered me my first first real job, as his administrative assistant in the Reader's Digest book department in Montreal. This effectively launched my decade-long association with the Digest and my subsequent business-writing career. In the last two years, I had the privilege of working with Ralph again, this time as his editor and publisher of his three novels: Con Job, Scandalous and The Ape & the Peacock. I shall miss him greatly.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Morri, I am so sorry for your loss of a good friend and writer.This is a wonderful story of how Ralph Hancox offered you your first real job and got you off to a great start with your business-writing career. He must have been very happy that you recently published three of his books. With sympathy.

    ReplyDelete